Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Classy.

View image on Twitter
 
Look, I am man enough to admit when I am wrong.  And I've bashed Jeter over the years calling him overrated and pointing out that he's not a team player as he should have moved from shortstop a decade ago.
 
I laughed when people said he was "classy" and asked if it was because of the nice parting gifts he gave his conquests. But he has proved me wrong and outdone himself.
 
I thought he couldn't get any classier than announcing his retirement a year early to get himself a farewell tour. Or the cleats with his stats on them ("team first guy"). But he has outclassed himself with having his teammates wear a patch in his honor for the rest of the season.  Got to respect that.  Oh sorry- respec2t.
 
Even the diehard Yankees fans reading this, sorry- my bad, even the diehard Yankees fans who had someone read this to them have to admit this is ABSURD.
 
When someone asked Larry Bird if they were going to wear a patch for Paul George when he got injured he laughed and said, "he's not dead."
 
Just another example why he's the best of all time.
 
A patch.  Wow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment