Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Significant Chance of Mortality


Spent Friday night at the hospital with my father.  Exploratory surgery to find out what was wrong.  Wasn't expected to survive.  Doctor told me there was a "significant chance of mortality".  Would be a cool name for a band.

He made it and has 31 staples in his abdomen and my BostonStrong bracelet on his wrist.

And now the fun begins.

I should feel guilty but I hate visiting.  I hate it there.  I hate the smell, taste, look and the people.  The nurses have been nice and helpful but they bother me too and I don't know why.

And now to deal with the fallout.  Health, money, living, rehab, getting there, my work....everything is about to be thrown on it's ass and I have no idea what to do.

Everyone has been incredibly supportive.  I mean has blown me out of the water with the support.  And everyone keeps telling me how it's going to work out but I cant stop thinking- what if it doesn't?

Then I guess it doesn't and life goes on.

Well we will see I guess....

No comments:

Post a Comment