Friday, August 16, 2013

OPEN YOUR MIND


Back from vacation trying to dig my way out of this hole at work.

Met a guy there who was super, super liberal.  Nice guy.  I don't consider myself conservative or liberal because I feel once you label yourself you block yourself in.  I agree and disagree with stuff on both sides.

But this guy...oh man.  Before even inquiring what I do he began insulting unions and stating that it's impossible to fire teachers.  I explained to him I represent the teacher's union and that terminations can happen and the union is to protect rights, not keep teachers that need to be terminated on the payroll.  Wouldn't buy it.  Nope.  Impossible.  Even presented with facts.

Why close your mind?  Listen to other ideas.  I get proved wrong all the time and it makes me better for it.  Just some people won't do it.  I have one friend, or former friend I guess, that basically threw his life away chasing that false ideology because he believed in it so much and refused to let it go.

Unreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment