Sunday, November 10, 2013

Crazytown


First things first.  I guess Crazytown is some boy band and the images that popped up where disturbing to say the least.

But here is what caught my attention this morning:

Rep. Tom Conroy (D-Wayland) was shocked, shocked, accusing the GOP of trying to hurt “anyone trying to have human dignity and grieve for a loved one.” He continued: “Maybe someone from Massachusetts has a son or a daughter living in Pennsylvania who passes away. This amendment would prohibit that person for all intents and purposes from attending the funeral.”O’Connell replied:

“Two-point-three million dollars was spent in Florida. I don’t think all of that was to visit a sick relative.”

This is about trying to keep EBT benefits in Massachusetts.  And apparently if you are for that you are a bad person and against people getting benefits.

I know it's about the votes.  I get that.  But I know a lot of people that don't think this, or fraud, or illegal immigrants is an issue and I don't get it.  I'm all for people coming here- we are the greatest country in the world- but they should do it legally.  What is wrong for that?  How does that make me racist?

Maybe it's just where people are from and don't see it.  Maybe they don't know someone killed by an illegal immigrant with his fourth DUI like my wife does.  Or don't see it on a weekly basis.  But I am just baffled by it.

Baffled.

No comments:

Post a Comment