Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Who owns this?

 
 
May not be a big deal on any other picture but with the most re-tweeted selfie of all time and the ad revenues it may generate- could be huge.
 
 
Let's start with who doesn't- everyone in it excluding Bradley Cooper and Ellen right now.  You don't get ownership for being in a picture you consented to.  Although down the line you may have a right to contest it being used in ads.
 
 
The Oscar forum- maybe.  There might be some agreement but doubtful.
 
The Oscars- again- I don't know what the agreement is but I'm still not sure.
 
Samsung- it was taken on that device so I would say that they have a stake in it but not sure how much.
 
Bradley Cooper- I think he would be the obvious choice- his phone and he took it.
 
Ellen- But I think you could argue it's hers.  She asked him to do it, he accepted and did it.  Is that a contract?  What's the consideration?  The extra fame it would garner?  Would that even be considered?
 
Fascinating question.  I hope it comes down to a nasty lawsuit because fuck Hollywood.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment